Chi Nei Tsang Abdominal Massage
Negative Emotions and How They Create Disease in the Body
All physical aliments come from negative emotions stored in the organs and glands internally. By massaging the organs in the abdomen, the stored experience and emotion has the potential to be released, therefore having the possibility to heal deep rooted and sometimes chronic, serious conditions for the person.
Chi Nei Tsang supports the detoxifying process. When the organs are at rest from the responsibility of digesting food as when happens when one is not eating, a deeper detoxification can happen in the intestines, liver, and kidneys. The manipulation of these organs can further release the issue that the person may have been holding onto for a long time in their lives, sometime resulting in emotional release while a session is being given, or in the days after during the integration phase.
Understanding what gets stored, where and why:
1. Adrenal Glands: the Adrenals are the glands that sit on top of the kidneys and are associated with handling stress. Specifically they regulate sugar and salt in the body by means of two hormones: cortisone and fludrocortisone. Problems with the adrenals represent succumbing to the stress in your life.
Stress comes from resistance and has nothing to do with how hard you work or how many problems you are dealing with. Adrenal problems mean that the path you are on is not for you. Of course, since you are fighting it, burn out comes from pursuing a goal that is not for you. If life is a struggle you are probably not where you would like to be. Change.
2. Gallbladder: Gallbladder problems represent a fear of inappropriate expression. In Chinese Medicine, the gallbladder is the seat of courage.
3 Heart: The heart houses the mind. Traditionally it is the symbol for love, and therefore, truth. Speaking from the heart reveals your true essence. A heart by-pass asks whose love or Truth are you passing? Pain around the heart can indicate a deep wound from a relationship that has not been healed, therefore preventing one from moving on into other nourishing relationships.
4. Lungs; The emotion of the lungs is grief. Breathing problems like asthma, or a wetness in the lungs indicate retained grief. Frequent sighing or breathlessness can often be a sign of suppressed anger.
5. Kidneys: At the physical level, kidneys filter out the ‘anti’ in our life. It is better to be for something than to be against something. Kidneys house the emotion of fear and are considered to be the root of all the other organ systems. This is reflected in the idea that fear is at the root of all the other emotions we consider negative or limiting.
6. Pancreas: The pancreas is both an endocrine gland secreting digestive juices through a duct into the stomach and secretes sugar regulating hormones directly into the bloodstream. The pancreas is most often associated with Diabetes, the body’s inability to process sugar, Diabetes is said to represent a denial of the sweetness of life. It may also represent a misplaced faith in one’s own ability to control the physical world. Given that the pancreas has a dual function, it has both the ability to digest ideas and to extract that which is not only sweet, but life sustaining. A type I diabetic does not live long without insulin supplementation.
7. Skin: the skin is your outer covering that holds things in and helps define your physical presence. It is the first line of defense against invading organisms. Skin problems represent difficulties with boundaries… keeping things in and keeping things out. A lack of balance between the inner you and the outer you results in things coming out such as rashes, boils, and pustules and things coming in such as colds, flu and infections. Skin eruptions indicate long standing resentments not being expressed appropriately. Rashes represent the anger and excessive heat. Itching represents dissatisfaction with the way things are going and/or dissatisfaction with yourself. Invading organisms such as the Flu, colds, or parasites represent a lack of ability to protect yourself or put another way, a lack of discrimination about who and what you let into your life.
8. Spleen: the spleen has the function of ‘transforming’ physical nutrients into metaphysical ones and is important to the immune system for fighting infections. It runs across and under the rib cage, and is cleaned in the massage at the same time as the stomach.
9. Thyroid: represents the communication between the head and the heart. Thyroid problems most often represent a lack of or miscommunication between what one thinks and one’s truth. Problems may also represent a lack of ability to speak up for oneself.
10. Cervix/Womb/Ovaries: problems with the uterus or cervix on an woman represents punishing the self at a deep level, oftentimes for inappropriately judged behaviours around one’s sexuality and desire for love from outside sources. The problems can surface in menstruation, and can often be connected to a closure in the heart.
This list functions on the premise that each organ holds onto more than just a function that the body needs for regulation and digestion. A Chi Nei Tsang abdominal massage often works to eliminate toxins from the organs being worked on, leaving the receiver feeling more open, refreshed, healed from negative thoughts and even aggressive actions.
If you have tried just about everything to solve an issue such as infertility, migraine headaches, indigestion, diarrhea or endometriosis you may wish to try this natural fix.